Men's Blind Spots
When it comes to making a relationship work, men can't help but have certain blind spots as a result of what we have been taught to believe about ourselves as men.
In my 20+ years of experience as a Therapist and a Relationship Coach for Men, I've seen how these blind spots manifest as certain patterns of behavior that consistently get in the way of sustaining intimacy with a woman
Here are some of those patterns:
These and other problems that are
- How easy it is to create a power differential between you and your wife or girlfriend if you offer to "take care" of all her material or financial needs, and all the problems that stem from that one fact.
- How you may have figured out how to give her what she really wants, but still have no idea how to give her what she really needs...and what the difference is between the two.
- How you "check out" emotionally from the relationship by working long hours or by walking on eggshells around her because you don't know how to get real with her about what's really bothering you.
- How you express your anger in unhealthy ways when you start to feel unappreciated and taken for granted for everything you do for her and the relationship.
- How you are at a loss as to how to better participate as an emotional partner at a deeper level with your wife or girlfriend, in order to create deeper emotional intimacy....and in a way that doesn't compromise your masculinity.
- How you unrealistically expect her to trust you for all you've done for her, even if you've lied to her, cheated on her, or done both.
- How you are at a loss as to how to resuscitate and sustain the sexual intimacy of a long term relationship.
- How you avoid looking at or getting help for your own personal issues that would help make the relationship better, even though you know there are problems to deal with in yourself that won't go away on their own.
unique to how men act, think, and feel...
AND THEIR SOLUTIONS...
have defined the work I've done
over the past 20 years with men!
I understand how confusing and painful it can be if you feel humbled again and again by the blind spots you have about what emotional intimacy really is...
...or about what women really want and need...
...or even about yourself and the baggage YOU bring to your relationship
that sabotages your own happiness.
Return from Men's Blind Spots to Home